Introduced in 1964 as the M-2, the octagonal M-2A traffic signal pole is Standard for use at all traffic signal locations. A 5-foot mast-arm extension can be used to bring the signal farther out over the roadway, if necessary.
With a 7-foot shaft extension, the M-2A can be used to hold a standard street light arm and a luminaire. It can also be made to resemble nearby Distinctive poles.
- Holds signals and/or signs
- Single- or double-mounting
- Two M-2A poles per intersection, diagonally opposite from each other
- Sometimes mounted on a concrete coastal storm foundation to provide necessary clearance or avoid moisture in the base
- If a luminaire is necessary, shaft extension provides required clearance from signal
- 5-foot mast-arm extension holds signal farther out over the roadway, if necessary
- LED Cobra Head (Standard)
- Teardrop (Historic)
- City Light (Distinctive)
- HDG Steel/silver, black, green